The Best Cities to Invest In Apartment Buildings
New Construction Class A Multifamily
28.1% projected AAR · Investor friendly short-term project · Exceptional flexibility · Corona-resistant features
Stop guessing or going with your gut. Know which metrics are important and make a decision based on data.
Neal shares the specific resources he uses to make decisions about choosing cities to invest in.
Grocapitus Opportunity Zones
It’s a big question, and a big financial decision.
If you’re not sure how to answer this question, here are some issues you’ll run into:
- You’ll get stuck in analysis paralysis. You may drag your feet and miss out on a good opportunity.
- You turn down a great deal. You’re not familiar with the city so you turn down a deal that could have made you a lot of money.
- You invest in a bad deal. A deal comes along that’s too good to pass up. You invest in it, only to realize later that the city had issues you weren’t aware of.
How can you invest in apartment buildings in a city you’re not familiar with without constantly second-guessing your decision?
How can you find cities with hidden potential that big investors aren’t looking at?
Short Answer: You learn what data matters and where to find it.
There are 5 key metrics you need to pay attention to:
- Population Growth
- Median Household Income Growth
- Median House or Condo Value Growth
- Change in Crime Levels
- Last 12 Months Job Growth Percentage
Yes! You Can 1031 Exchange Into A Multifamily Syndication
Also, this list isn’t comprehensive, meaning there are other factors that could have an impact on whether an investment is good or not. However, these criteria are where you should start.
Some states are more tenant-friendly and others are more landlord-friendly. It doesn’t mean you can’t invest in a tenant-friendly state, but it’s worth knowing the laws when it comes to evictions, etc. If you’re not willing to deal with a state that favors tenants over landlords, save yourself time by not looking at deals there. (Later this month we’ll provide a resource to help you determine this).